The modern way of paying for services is now a standard part of many business. With the connection to the online gateway you have the possibility to streamline the booking process and use direct payments for booked services directly through the reenio system. The reenio system primarily implements one of the best GoPay home payment gateways, which guarantees payments in various ways you choose. By connecting the system to the GoPay payment gateway, you will be able to receive instant payments from your customers via credit cards, instant transfers, bank buttons, Bitcoins, Google Pay, Apple Pay, etc. greater impact on customers and their reservations.
In addition to this payment gateway, it is also possible to integrate universal gateway The Pay. Also another gateways GP webpay and ČSOB can be connected. However, these payment gateways are no longer universal and only provide on-line credit/debit card payments. Another payment gateway that can be used in the system is global payment gateway STRIPE. It is a modern payment gateway, the main advantage of which is that everything is done online. Setting up an account, setting up a payment gateway and starting receiving payments from customers can be a matter of hours! The principle of operation of these gateways and the method of integration are very similar to the procedures below. For more information on how to integrate these payment gateways, see your system administration.
The reenio reservation system provides technical integration of payment gateways. To use a payment gateway, you must have a contractual relationship between you and the gateway provider. The reenio system does not process payments on its own behalf! Using the payment gateway in the system is subject to a volume charge called credits, more information can be found in the system administration.
GoPay payment gateway
GoPay is a major provider of on-line payments and is one of the largest on-line payment providers in the Czech Republic and Central Europe. GoPay is supervised by the Czech National Bank and GoPay is a holder of the Czech National Bank's electronic money issuance license. When handling payment information, GoPay meets the highest security standards of the PCI DSS Card Associations.
How do GoPay payments work?
The GoPay payment gateway offers a fast, convenient and secure way to pay on-line. Payment is made by the customer directly at the payment gateway after completion of the order/reservation, or the gateway redirects it to internet banking or to a page that corresponds to the selected payment method in the order.
After sending the payment, GoPay will send you an email informing you of the status of the payment and/or payment. other information eg EET data. All payment information, including credit card number, is secured by encrypted communication and handled by GoPay in accordance with the highest PCI DSS card security standard.
All payments made through a payment gateway are collected on a trading account with the payment gateway provider. According to agreed parameters, these payments are billed in bulk. In practice, it means that the money from on-line payments is received by the trader together and is not sent directly and individually to the trader's own account. The payment gateway can be operated in different currencies, but for integration it is important that the currency of the payment gateway corresponds to the set currency of the reservation system!
What payment methods does GoPay offer?
GoPay offers all the most commonly used payment methods including on-line card payments or on-line bank button payments. Most payments are on-line, so it's a matter of minutes. For a complete list of all payment methods offered by GoPay, see the Payment Methods Summary. The reenio system only supports payment methods that can be processed truly on-line in tens of minutes. In the specific case where the time limit for mandatory payment is set to 3 days or more, or payment for the reservation is not required, it is possible to use the payment method by standard wired transfer with regard to the methods allowed in the GoPay merchant account.
How do I pay through GoPay payment gateway?
- The customer makes a reservation and has a button to confirm the reservation process to initiate the payment of the reservation price. The GoPay payment gateway graphical interface is then displayed.
- The customer enters his/her card details or selects the appropriate payment method to the payment gateway and sends the payment.
- GoPay passes the payment information to the partner processor, who submits the transaction to the relevant card association (eg VISA or MasterCard) or to another entity. This will link the transaction to the bank that issued the card through which the customer made the payment.
- If necessary, there will be additional phases of payment authorization using the required tools.
- The issuing bank decides to approve the payment and forwards the decision to the processor, which then informs GoPay.
- GoPay processes the information and informs you of the payment status of the customer and the merchant. If the bank approves the payment, GoPay will increase the balance of the merchant's trading account by the payment made.
- If the payment is confirmed, the reservation is set as paid. If the reservation is not paid within a certain time and payment for the reservation is required, the reservation will be automatically canceled!
- Based on the set billing frequency, GoPay transfers the balance from the trading account to the merchant's bank account.
Get a GoPay account and integrate
In order to make on-line payments for your booked services from your customers, you must first register with a GoPay payment gateway provider. GoPay will then prepare an offer according to the specific parameters of your business and will deal with you with formal requirements for concluding a contract and obtaining the necessary parameters for integration.
On-line payments are available in reenio for all users using subscription in BUSINESS or PREMIUM version. In the case of FREE version it is possible to configure and fully validate on-line payments and GoPay gateway, but only in gateway testing environment.
The operation of on-line payments in the reservation system depends on several key factors that you can choose according to your needs and type of business. It is important to think about these parameters when integrating a payment gateway, as it can affect some of your business operations and billing to some extent.
- Setting and using VAT rates - in the system administration it is possible to freely manage different VAT rates (with respect to legislation) and then assign them to individual prices for dates. These VAT rates are based on the assumption that your subject is a VAT payer - the system supports the payment process for both VAT payers and non-VAT payers.
- Setting the prices of individual events - each event for which it is possible to book can have a price set (total or per unit, according to the type of event). Here it is important to think about and set the prices you want to collect at the moment of booking. Prices are always set as final prices, ie including any VAT. This is calculated as part of the price for the booked services at the set rate. The price can also be adjusted using the booking form or discount codes.
- Set accounting parameters incl. EET - vendor information is required to issue correct accounting documents to individual customers. These will be displayed on the issued documents (PDF format). These data can be automatically taken from the subject settings, or they can also be set completely different. The accounting parameters also include whether payment information is to be sent to the EET system - communication with the EET takes place via the GoPay payment gateway and therefore there is no need to configure the EET connection in the reenio administration.
- Setting the payment gateway parameters - linking the reenio system with the payment gateway is a key step for the subsequent launch of on-line payments. To do this, you need to register and obtain a trading account at the GoPay gateway and then enter the received parameters (GoID, Client ID, Client Secret) into the reenio system. All other settings related to payments themselves, EET, payment gateway design, etc. are already done on the GoPay administration side. To test the overall functionality, GoPay offers a so-called test environment.
- Verification of functionality in the test environment - before the actual launch of online payments for customers, it is necessary to verify the correct functionality of the payment gateway on your reservation page. This is the so-called test environment, where you can actually test the entire reservation and payment process, without the need for real financial transactions. Test credit cards available in GoPay.
- Activation of on-line payments - the last step is the actual authorization of on-line payments. From now on, the reservation system will start offering on-line payment for bookings that have a price. If the payment request is set (globally or for individual dates), unpaid bookings will be automatically canceled after the set time from creation.
Upon successful setup and validation (point 5), you must ask GoPay to approve the deployed solution and switch to a sharp payment gateway. This verification will require certain elements to be verified and without which the payment gateway will not be able to operate. These include, but are not limited to, subject verification, identification of owners, and point of sale verification (published events, claims policy, etc.). The overall process of deploying a GoPay payment gateway can take from a few days to weeks, depending on meeting formal requirements.
Overview of on-line payments
An on-line payment always has a direct link to a specific booking, regardless of its outcome. In practice, this means that more than one payment can be registered for a single reservation, but only one successfully completed. This is due to the fact that the payment within the process was not approved (detailed information about individual payments can be found in the payment gateway administration). Within the reservation system, you can view individual linked payments, their status or timing within the reservation details. This can be important in solving problem situations between you and your customer.
Payments - On-line payments
The main overview of all on-line payments can be found on a separate page. This report only includes payments processed on-line through a payment gateway and provides some important information and features:
- Payments summary - Overview of all completed, unfinished or unfinished payments. In the report, you can always verify the customer who made the payment, the payment details, the total amount of the payment, etc.
- Payment detail - for each payment you can display a detail where you can find information about the payment progress. This is especially important when solving problems with the client, when it is possible to reconstruct the payment process unambiguously using time stamps (typically in the case of payment of already canceled reservation).
- Refund - reenio can refund via the payment gateway interface. When returning the payment, you can specify how much to return and whether to cancel the reservation, etc. The refund is visually differentiated and there is a corresponding tax document (part of the PDF file of the original payment)!
- Download of documents - generated accounting document is a necessary part of every payment. In case of on-line payments, the system creates the system automatically, according to the set parameters. The document in the form of a PDF file is also provided to the customer (by e-mail/in his personal profile).
- Export of payments - to be able to further process payments and include them in the accounts, an export function is available. It can be in various formats and always contains data that corresponds to the current filtering settings of the payment overview (eg only payments in the state of paid), or a special type of export with the possibility of time filtering designed for your accountant.
Payment for reservation
Any reservation that corresponds to a price can be recorded as paid in the system, even if you do not use an on-line payment gateway or other form of receiving payments. In the case of automated payment instruments, this status is adjusted automatically (the reservation is in the Paid state and the payment method is set to the payment gateway), however you can also change this status manually in the administration. Thanks to this it is possible to solve the receipt of payments outside the reservation system and only to record the payment of the reservation.
This manual editing of payment status may also be useful when you require payments in the system, but you need to make reservations (eg for partners, direct ticket sales, etc.) without having to pay via a payment gateway. In this case, manually set new reservations in the administration to the status Paid and so they will not be automatically canceled after the time expires for payment!
In case of manual setting of the payment, it is also possible to enter information how the payment was made (by credit card at the terminal, cash, etc.). At the same time, it is also possible to make payments with customer credits, which is recorded and processed separately.
The reenio system also ensures the generation of payment documents, but only for payments processed directly by the system. The reenio system is not an accounting system and all formal requirements beyond its functionality must be dealt with separately outside the reservation system.
Time to pay the reservation
Two factors are important in relation to the process of paying for newly created reservations, whether a reservation is required and what is the time to pay for a new reservation.
Settings - Payments, credits and VAT nebo Events - (Editing event) - Price and payment
If the system is set to require payment of the reservation (globally for the whole system or within a specific deadline setting), this reservation will be created by default (to ensure capacity blocking, etc.) and the set time limit starts to run. During this time limit, the booking must be paid by the customer. If the customer fails, the reservation is automatically canceled!
If the system (or deadline) does not require payment and you still use an on-line payment gateway, it is entirely up to the customer whether or not to pay the reservation. The reservation will not be automatically canceled after the set time. In these cases, unpaid bookings are expected to be settled when using the on-site service, eg by paying in cash at the front desk or using the SumUp terminal .
In certain cases (due to the time of processing the payment transaction and especially the customer's behavior) it may happen that the payment will not come until the reservation is canceled! In this case, the system correctly registers the received payment to the already canceled reservation and informs you in the administration. It is necessary to resolve this situation with the customer and return the payment, or have them make another reservation and manually set it as Paid.
This is also related to hiding the customer's booking code if a payment is required (Settings - Reservation Page - Advanced Settings), which ensures that the customer will not be able to use the code if he or she does not pay for the reservation within the specified time.
We recommend choosing the time to pay for the reservation so as to provide sufficient comfort for the customers, but at the same time it does not provide unnecessary space for customer omissions and unnecessary blocking of booked capacity or number of seats. For on-line payment methods, the ideal time to make payments in hours is ideal.
If the reservation is Paid and needs to be canceled, there are several scenarios. The basis is that a reservation made through a registered payment cannot be canceled directly by the customer himself. This is due to the fact that in connection with With a refund, there are some expenses and it is up to you (business terms) how to deal with these situations. If the reservation is paid with credits, automatic cancellation and refunds are possible depending on the settings.
The system can help you with a refund by informing you when you cancel your reservation and offering solutions. These options include cancellation of a reservation without a refund, full refund or partial refund. It is up to you what scenario you use, however, the system itself automatically ensures a possible refund of the financial amount, using communication with the on-line payment gateway. In this case, there is no need to deal with the refund otherwise than in the administration of the reservation system. If the reservation is canceled with a different type of payment, it is necessary to deal with the customer directly outside the reservation system.
Depending on the payment methods, payments may be refunded in a certain time-limited manner. You can issue online payment button refunds even 24 hours after making the payment. You can issue full refunds to the credit/debit card immediately after making the payment. However, you can only issue a partial refund 24 hours later.
You can also work with individual payments in your Payouts report and return them separately. In practice, this means that the system again monitors the reservation status for the payment and offers possible scenarios. This approach is particularly useful in situations where multiple payments are registered for a single reservation or there is a payment received for a reservation that has already been booked. These situations are caused by customers who make a payment more than once or fail to make a reservation limit when they work with old booking information (such as when the booking details page is open in the browser for a long time).