Increasingly, the world of online booking is becoming more and more connected to the physical world around us. Typical examples are various smart devices such as locks, lights, etc., which have a direct link to individual reservations or their status. The reenio system is able to communicate with these smart devices (thanks to special custom messages) and it is thus possible to implement scenarios that make it easier for you and your customers to use the booked services.
The functionality to connect to external devices and services, referred to as Connect, is currently in experimental mode. If you want to use this feature, please contact our helpdesk and we will be happy to activate this functionality for you!
Igloohome smart locks
Whether you need to give customers access to a tennis court, locker, meeting room or office at the time of booking, Igloohome smart locks offer a range of products that make this very easy to do. Igloohome offers both smart padlocks for outdoor use and designed locks and handles for indoor use.
Any Igloohome lock with keypad and algoPIN technology can be used to integrate with the reservation system. When integrating, it is necessary to take into account the costs for the operation of locks on the Igloohome side, in the amount of about 2 USD/month.
The principle of connecting the reservation system and Igloohome smart locks is based on unique algoPIN technology. Thanks to this technology, there is no need for an online connection between the lock and the system, but everything is based on an algorithm that generates access codes in time. For example, if you need to use the smart padlock for access to the tennis court, you do not need to deal with WIFI or any other connection to the Internet, but you can get by with the "offline" operation of the lock. Simply pair it with your Igloohome app on your smartphone, assign it to your Igloohome account and place it on the entry gate.
At the moment when the client needs to provide a PIN for access to the tennis court, the reservation system will synchronize the necessary PIN through the Igloohome API according to the required parameters (validity, length, number of uses, etc.). This PIN is then sent to the customer according to the chosen communication channel. The form of the PIN is determined by a special algorithm that ensures that the lock itself processes the PIN after it is entered and decides whether the entered access code is valid. In this mode, there is no online communication between the system and the lock!
The prerequisite for using smart locks is the ownership of supported locks and an Igloohome account to which the locks are paired using the mobile app. With this account, you can also log in to Iglooconnect portal, where you can manage your locks, app connections and, most importantly, payment and billing information.
From the point of view of the reservation system, the connection of the locks is as follows.
- To integrate, you must have the "reenio connect " functionality available. If you do not have it available in your administration (REENIO - Connect), please contact our helpdesk. It is also necessary to be able to use the so-called Custom messages.
REENIO - Connect - Igloohome - Settings
- Within the Igloohome section, select the Settings menu to link the booking system to your Igloohome account by logging in with your credentials. Once successfully linked, the settings page will display additional options and information, the key one is the URL for Webhook.
- You can now set up rules for resource mapping and specific locks. The principle is that the rules define which specific resource used for the reservation is linked to which specific smart lock. At the same time, it is also possible to define the form in which the PIN to open the lock is sent to the customer. The message format cannot be changed and is generated by the system.
Igloohome - Rules
- The last step is to create custom webhook messages that will generate requests to create a PIN and send it in relation to specific dates or reservations. This is done in the main administration. The principle is the same as for any custom messages, where a given message type is sent based on a defined event, in relation to events or reservations within the assigned message group. In this case, you need to select Webhook as the message type and copy the URL you got in the Igloohome settings (point 2 above) as the URL for the Webhook. It is also important to set a specific event that triggers the PIN to be generated and sent. This can be the time before the actual reservation starts, the moment the reservation is paid, etc., it always depends on your specific operating model.
Settings - Custom messages
- Don't forget to assign the custom message group to the events for which PINs are to be generated and sent. You can check the generated PINs and their validity in the code overview in the Connect administration.
Technology algoPIN brings a number of advantages, on the other hand, it is necessary to take into account certain limitations, which are due to the fact that there is no direct online communication with a particular lock. In certain cases, it is not possible to define the validity of the PIN precisely at the level of individual minutes, taking into account the actual length and validity of the reservation. This is due to the special algorithm, where the accuracy itself is influenced by the type of PIN generated. For more information, see algoPIN technology description.
In general, the following limitations apply to PINs generated within the reenio system:
- the validity of the PIN is for the entire reservation period with a time overlap before the start of the reservation (approx. 15 minutes)
- the PIN can be used several times, but only during the validity period.
- the PIN must be used within 24 hours of the start of its validity, otherwise it becomes invalid
- for PINs with a shorter validity period (up to 28 days) the time resolution is in minutes, for long PINs (up to 1 year) the resolution is in days.